Monday, September 2, 2013

Dragoncon 2013

I love going to Dragoncon each year. So many wonderful people. So many ideas. So much creativity. And the Fans! The fans are so awesome. I love seeing them enjoying their favorite ideas, wearing T-shirts or dressing up or just attending panels. (One day I hope to see fans dressed like Messengers)

This year was my first year really talking with people and finding out more about creating and selling a novel. I spent most of the time back and forth learning the "secrets" to publishing. As I walk this path, I'll be sure to let everyone know about what worked for me and what didn't. But the biggest piece of advice that most people I ran into stated was simply "Be true to yourself."

And it's importaint to know what you like and stick with it, because if you like it maybe someone else will as well. I hope everyone likes "The Messengers" which reminds me I've been sending out versions of the novel for Beta Reads. I'm now moving into Beta Readers (That are not my friends or family:-)) I plan on letting about 8 to 12 people beta read then do another draft before obtaining a line edit.

Anyway, enjoy the pictures below from Dragoncon 2013!

 
 





No comments:

Post a Comment